Service Team Lead
Pay: $25-$27/HR + Commission
Organizes and directs the inspection, maintenance, and repair of customer doors and windows.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs the implementation of E. F. San Juan, Inc. Gold Key Program. After installation of aftermarket or custom doors and windows, ensures components are inspected to identify and repair installation or manufacturing defects.
- Oversees or performs site visits to install handle sets and adjust doors and windows to ensure proper working condition.
- As the construction/renovation project nears completion, ensures hardware is lubricated and final inspections are performed to verify function of windows and doors.
- Directs or performs maintenance and repair services as directed by annual contract, warranty, or work order. Ensures the operation of components is checked, components are lubricated and adjusted, and homeowners are notified of inspection results.
- Prepares, reviews, and submits Service Reports to the Service Coordinator, who orders and tracks receipt of parts and files invoices for billing.
- In coordination with the General Manager, Sales, Production Departments and contractors or customers, organizes and directs activities for the Service Department. Presides over Service Department meetings. Reviews status of prior week’s service activities and reviews current service schedule to determine priorities and deadlines. Assigns projects and work orders to service technicians. Assists technicians and resolves problems as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires detailed knowledge of standard technical installation and repair procedures for Weather Shield® and other vendors’ products. Requires practical knowledge of and compliance with manufacturer’s instructions, Company policies, safety rules, and other work practices. Specific knowledge of ladder, scaffolding and fall protection procedures is required.
- Requires the ability to read and comprehend blueprints, technical journals and spec sheets, instruction manuals, vendor catalogues and other technical information.
- Ability to write service reports, timesheets, memos, and other documents.
- Requires ability to effectively present information one-on-one to vendors, customers, architects, contractors, and employees.
- Requires basic math skills to accurately measure dimensions and components, prepare timecards and complete service reports.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have mechanical and analytical skills to evaluate and repair doors, windows, and related hardware. Must be able to safely use screwdrivers, drills, saws, hammers, and other standard hand tools.
- Must be able to operate computers, printers, copiers, telephones, and other standard office equipment.
- Must be proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, network, and internet software applications.
- Must work pleasantly and cooperatively with others.
- Requires the ability to plan, organize, direct and evaluate work for self and others efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and work independently with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Requires discretion and tact when dealing with sensitive or confidential matters.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, and walk; crawl, crouch, kneel and stoop; climb; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally teamlift and/or move up to 100+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work takes place in a construction environment requiring the use of personal protective equipment to protect against workplace hazards. Using ladders or scaffolding, the employee frequently works at great heights under indoor and outdoor weather conditions.