Cabinetry Production Finisher
Are you looking for great job with a great company? Are you looking for a 4-day work week? Look no further…
Pay: $25 – $28 per hour (USD
A cabinetry production finisher is responsible for the preparation, staining, painting, and sealing of wooden cabinetry and furniture. They work with various wood types and finishing materials to achieve the desired appearance and durability.
- High School diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent combination of education
- Experience with Waterborne materials a plus
- Experience with airless and air assist systems strongly desired
- Proven experience as a cabinetry finisher or similar role.
- Knowledge of various wood types, stains, paints, and finishing materials.
- Familiarity with finishing equipment, such as spray guns, brushes, and sanders.
- Attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot finishing issues.
- Understanding of safety procedures and the proper handling of finishing chemicals.
- Excellent communication skills for client interactions.
A cabinetry finisher plays a crucial role in adding the final touches to wooden cabinetry and furniture, transforming raw wood into beautifully finished products that enhance the aesthetics and functionality of homes and businesses. Responsible for finishing of custom cabinets by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect product to ensure it is properly prepped for the finishing process
- Reject or fix any product that is not properly prepared for finishing
- Understand the process and procedures for applying finish to the product
- Ability to do light sanding between coats of finish
- Able to perform both visual and touch inspections to ensure exceptional quality
- Knowledge of how to properly diagnose and repair and issues that may arise during the process
- Ability to understand the functions of the different delivery devices used for applying finish
- Ability to break down, repair, and clean the finishing equipment
- Understanding of how to care for, and properly store the tools used in the finishing department
- Ability to pace the process in a manner to hit a reasonable target date
- Ability to read and understand production drawings
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must be able to routinely lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have mobility to move freely throughout the production facility.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to loud noises; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions. Must use personal protective equipment and special safety precautions to protect against workplace hazards