Attire: Work Boots, Jeans & Shirt (Shirt provided by company)
Pay: $15.00 per hour (3weeks Vacation + Medical)
Schedule: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Must be able to work overtime or flexible hours as needed)
Assists in the warehouse.
- Requires ability to learn basic woodworking and millwork procedures and to identify various species of wood and develop familiarity with their characteristics.
- Requires ability to read and comprehend employee handbooks, safety manuals, product warning labels, work orders and other documents.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers one-on-one and in small groups.
- Requires basic math, algebra and geometry to accurately add, subtract, divide and multiply in all units of measures using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations such as calculating quantity and dimensions of lumber.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to safely assist in the operation of various saws (e.g., rip, chop, table, undercut); sanders, routers, air tools, tape measures and other standard millwork equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must be able to routinely lift and/or move 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must have mobility to move freely throughout the production facility.
**The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to loud noises; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions.
Must use of personal protective equipment and special safety precautions to protect against workplace hazards.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
**Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Trims the ends of dimensional lumber received from the rip saw operation.
Stages ripped dimensional lumber on carts for processing through the molder.
Measures and cuts molding to standard lengths.
Assists in inspecting molding for defects.
Putties or cuts out knot holes and other flaws.
Stacks molding and assists in running the material through the drum sander.
Stamps molding with Company logo.
Stacks finished molding for warehousing or shipment.
Performs housekeeping duties.
Cleans up equipment and work areas between orders, at the end of the day or as needed.
Operates a front-end loader to transport wood shavings from the collection truck to the storage pit.
Using a tractor, levels off stored shavings in the storage pit.
Assists in other production areas as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned.