CNC Machine Operator
Full Time Long Term
Schedule: Monday – Friday 7 am – 4 pm (1 hour for lunch)
Pay: $12.00+ per hour (DOE)
Attire: Clean jeans & polo shirt & boots
CNC Machine Operator Summary:
Operates CNC machine and provides assistance with receiving, storing, and transporting warehoused products and materials.
CNC Machine Operator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The CNC Machine operator must set the standard in both professionalism and quality.
- Manage and care for the machine
- Ensure projects are cut timely and correctly
- Thorough quality verification
- Be personable to staff to make sure directives are met
- Knowledge of how long shop activities should take
- Ensure operational consistency
- Load wood shavings, may be required to operate a loader
- May assist with grounds maintenance, operating a weed-eater and other lawn maintenance equipment
- Desired applicant will be able to familiarize themselves with each and every job
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
CNC Machine Operator Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of woodworking experience
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years CNC Machine experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understands both quality and production standards
- Ability to read blueprints, cut parts and assemble projects
- Must have general knowledge regarding the characteristics of stock and specialty lumbers
- Must have working knowledge of Company policies, safety procedures, and other guidelines to consistently comply with and enforce work rules
- Requires ability to read and comprehend procedure manuals, employee handbooks, safety manuals, product and warning labels, work orders, checklists, and other documents
- Must have basic writing skills to complete inspection checklists and other documents
- Must have the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers
- Requires basic math skills to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Must be able to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations such as calculating footage and volume
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- MUST be able to operate two-way radios, telephones and other standard communications equipment
- MUST be able to effectively and safely operate: hand tools, measuring tapes, and some standard woodworking tools and equipment
- MUST be able to obtain and maintain forklift certification and consistently follow forklift inspection and operation procedures
- MUST be able to work flexible and extended hours (overtime) as needed
- Requires the ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently with minimal supervision
- MUST demonstrate cooperative behaviors, assisting co-workers as needed
CNC Machine Operator Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; loud noise; fumes, dust or airborne particles; vibrations; outside weather conditions; heights; and other hazards. The employee is required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment including, but is not limited to: hearing protection, face masks, safety glasses, and gloves.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or G.E.D., or equivalent in education and experience.
Prior woodworking experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
VALID state Driver’s License